Sunday, June 30, 2013




Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Forty Three

1 Hear my prayer, O Lord, and hearken unto my supplication: answer me in thy truth, and in thy righteousness.
2 (And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall none that liveth, be justified.) (a)
3 For the enemy hath persecuted my soul: he hath smitten my life down to the earth: he hath laid me in the darkness, as they that have been dead long ago:
4 And my spirit was in perplexity in me, and mine heart within me was amazed.
5 Yet do I remember the time past: I meditate in all thy works, yea, I do meditate in the works of thine hands.
6 I stretch forth mine hands unto thee: my soul desireth after thee, as the thirsty land. Selah.
7 Hear me speedily, O Lord, for my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, else I shall be like unto them that go down into the pit.
8 Let me hear thy loving-kindness in the morning, for in thee is my trust; show me the way, that I should walk in, for I lift up my soul unto thee.
9 Deliver me, O Lord, from mine enemies: for I hid me with thee.
10 Teach me to do thy will, for thou art my God: let thy good Spirit lead me unto the land of righteousness.
11 Quicken me, O Lord, for thy Name’s sake, and for thy righteousness bring my soul out of trouble.
12 And for thy mercy slay mine enemies, and destroy all them that oppress my soul: for I am thy servant.

(a) Editor’s notation - Read Psalm 53:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment