Saturday, June 15, 2013


My Daily Meditation

My friends, brethren in Christ:
A while back I had commented on a dream I had, had, and about the piece of paper that I was instructed to fold into four. I spoke on what was revealed on one piece, about how we should seek and humble ourselves before God first and foremost each day. This morning in my readings another piece was revealed to me. On that piece was written to care for the lesser and unfortunate among us by the words, mercy, compassion, and righteousness which were written there in the second fold. Both of these instructions are the two primary commands of our Creator. This is to say, to seek, love and worship Him, and then to love and  seek to help others who are lost, hurt, or in just plain need of assistance.  Friends, people wonder, what God is about, and I tell you, He is about what I have just written. He is about love, mercy, and compassion. He is about righteousness, but don’t be fooled, by your own self righteousness. Doing good is wonderful, but you don’t work your way into heaven, so be careful not to allow self piety, rule your actions. Let your actions be ruled by what God wants of us. Let His righteousness be your guide, and the light on your path through this temporal plain. 

5 Is it such a fast that I have chosen, that a man should afflict his soul for a day, and to bow down his head, as a bull rush, and to lie down in sackcloth and ashes? wilt thou call this a fasting, or an acceptable day to the Lord? (a)
6 Is not this the fasting that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to take off the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that wander, unto thine house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him, and hide not thyself from thine own flesh? (b)
8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall grow speedily: thy righteousness shall go before thee, and the glory of the Lord shall embrace thee.
9 Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer: thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am: if thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and wicked speaking:
10 If thou pour out thy soul to the hungry, and refresh the troubled soul: then shall thy light spring out in the darkness, and thy darkness shall be as the noon day. (c)
11 And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones, and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. (d)
The Book of Isaiah Chapter 58:5-11

(a) Editor’s notation - Read Hosea 6:6
(b) Editor’s notation - Re: vs 6-7 Read Matthew 25:34-36
(c) Editor’s notation - Re: vs 8-10 Read Job 22:27-29;  Matthew 5:15-17; Philippians 2:14-15
(d) Editor’s notation - Read Psalm 1:1-3

Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Thirty


1 Out of the deep places have I called unto thee, O Lord.
2 Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears attend to the voice of my prayers.
3 If thou, O Lord, straightly markest iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?
4 But mercy is with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
5 I have waited on the Lord: my soul hath waited, and I have trusted in his word.
6 My soul waiteth on the Lord more than the morning watch watcheth for the morning.
7 Let Israel wait on the Lord: for with the Lord is mercy, and with him is great redemption.
8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities

No comments:

Post a Comment