Thursday, June 27, 2013




Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Forty One

1 O Lord, I call upon thee: haste thee unto me: hear my voice, when I cry unto thee.
2 Let my prayer be directed in thy sight as incense, and the lifting up of mine hands as an evening sacrifice. (a)
3 Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth, and keep the door of my lips. 
4 Incline not mine heart to evil, that I should commit wicked works with them that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their delicates. (b)
5 Let the righteous smite me: for that is a benefit: and let him reprove me, and it shall be a precious oil that shall not break mine head: for within a while I shall even pray in their miseries.
6 When their judges shall be cast down in stony places, they shall hear my words, for they are sweet.
7 Our bones lie scattered at the grave’s mouth, as he that heweth wood or diggeth in the earth.
8 But mine eyes look unto thee, O Lord God: in thee is my trust: leave not my soul destitute.
9 Keep me from the snare, which they have laid for me, and from the gins of the workers of iniquity.
10 Let the wicked fall into his nets together, while I escape

(a) Editor’s notation -  Read Hebrews 13:15
(b) Editor’s notation - Re: vs 3-4 read  Job 27:4; James 3:1-18;  1 Peter 3:9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment