Wednesday, June 5, 2013


My Daily Meditation

We have all heard the expression, “the end of the road”, and in many cases it usually carries an ending that is not a happy one.  However as Christians we can look forward to the end of our road, for it doesn’t end here on earth, but in God’s eternal kingdom. Now, understand that there are two paths allegorically speaking that run side by side. One is the path of God’s righteousness, and the other the path of this world. Which path will you be taking towards your end of the road? 

4 Hearken ye unto me my people, and give ear unto me, O my people: for a Law shall proceed from me, and I will bring forth my judgment for the light of the people.
5 My righteousness is near: my salvation goeth forth, and mine arm shall judge the people: the isles shall wait for me, and shall trust unto mine arm.
6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein, shall perish in like manner: but my salvation shall be forever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
7 Hearken unto me ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my Law. Fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their rebukes.
8 For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wood: but my righteousness shall be forever, and my salvation from generation to generation
The Book of Isaiah Chapter 51:4-8

1 And I saw a new heaven, and a new earth: for the first heaven, and the first earth were passed away, and there was no more sea. (a) 
2 And I John saw the holy city new Jerusalem come down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride trimmed for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven, saying, Behold, the Tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them: and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be their God with them.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, neither crying, neither shall there be anymore pain: for the first things are passed.
5 And he that sat upon the throne, said, Behold, I make all things new, and he said unto me, Write: for these things are faithful and true.
6 And he said unto me, It is done, I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end: I will give to him that is athirst, of the well of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh, shall inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he shall be my Son.
8 But the fearful and unbelieving, and the abominable and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
The Revelation of Saint John the Apostle Chapter 21:1-8

(a) Editor’s notation - Read also Isaiah 65:17, 66:22; 2 Peter 3:13

Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Twenty One


1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the mountains, from whence my help shall come.
2 Mine help cometh from the Lord, which hath made the heaven and the earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to slip: for he that keepeth thee, will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel, will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shadow at thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall keep thy soul.
8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out, and thy coming in from henceforth and forever. (a)

(a) Editor’s thought - In final summation from the past two days. Those that seek Him, and serve Him will be blessed in all that they endeavor to do in their lives. Will it be easy, no, for this world puts up road blocks, to hinder us in our service, but God, as stated yesterday, will sustain us through all trials, and in the end we will have the victory. As is written in the Scriptures, with God on my side, whom shall I fear, and also, that He is the same yesterday, today and forever. God’s righteousness and love is eternal. He will not see those who serve Him fail in the end. Take note of the opening statement of today’s study. Be certain of the road upon which you tred. The one that has God as your companion is THE road to be walking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment