Monday, July 1, 2013

July 01 2013



Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Forty Four

1 Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth mine hands to fight, and my fingers to battle.
2 He is my goodness and my fortress, my tower and my deliverer, my shield and in him I trust, which subdueth my people under me.
3 Lord, what is man that thou regardest him! or the son of man that thou thinkest upon him?
4 Man is like to vanity; his days are like a shadow that vanisheth.
5 Bow thine heavens, O Lord, and come down; touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
6 Cast forth the lightning and scatter them; shoot out thine arrows and consume them.
7 Send thine hand from above: deliver me, and take me out of the great waters, and from the hand of strangers,
8 Whose mouth talketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
9 I will sing a new song unto thee, O God, and sing unto thee upon a viol, and an instrument of ten strings.
10 It is he that giveth deliverance unto kings, and rescueth David his servant from the hurtful sword.
11 Rescue me, and deliver me from the hand of strangers, whose mouth talketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood:
12 That our sons may be as the plants growing up in their youth, and our daughters as the corner stones, graven after the similitude of a palace: (a)
13 That our corners may be full and abounding with divers sorts, and that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousand in our streets.
14 That our oxen may be strong to labor; that there be none invasion, nor going out, nor no crying in our streets.
15 Blessed are the people, that be so, yea blessed are the people whose God is the Lord.

(a) Editor’s notation - Read Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment