Tuesday, June 25, 2013



My Daily Meditation

1 I have been sought of them that asked not: I was found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that called not upon my Name.
15 And ye shall leave your name as a curse unto my chosen; for the Lord God shall slay you, and call his servants by another name.
17 For lo, I will create new heavens and a new earth; and the former shall not be remembered nor come into mind (a), (b)
The Book of Isaiah Chapter 65:1, 15, 17

(a) Editor’s thought - Re: The creation of a new covenant, so that all people, who believe in God, and by the sacrifice of His Son Jesus, will be inheritors of the new kingdom. 
(b) Editor’s notation - Read also Isaiah 43:7, 52:2; Revelation 2:17, 3:12


Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Thirty Nine (a)

1 O Lord, thou hast tried me, and known me.
2 Thou knowest my sitting and my rising: thou understandest my thought afar off.
3 Thou compassest my paths, and my lying down, and art accustomed to all my ways.
4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but lo, thou knowest it wholly, O Lord.
5 Thou holdest me strait behind and before, and layest thine hand upon me.
6 Thy knowledge is too wonderful for me: it is so high that I cannot attain unto it.
7 Whither shall I go from thy Spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, thou art there: if I lie down in hell, thou art there.
9 Let me take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea:
10 Yet thither shall thine hand lead me, and thy right hand hold me.
11 If I say, Yet the darkness shall hide me, even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee: but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and light are both alike.
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise thee, for I am fearfully and wondrously made: marvelous are thy works, and my soul knoweth it well.
15 My bones are not hid from thee, though I was made in a secret place, and fashioned beneath in the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see me, when I was without form: for in thy book were all things written, which in continuance were fashioned, when there was none of them before.
17 How dear therefore are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
19 Oh that thou wouldest , O God, the wicked and bloody men, to whom I say, Depart ye from me:
20 Which speak wickedly of thee, and being thine enemies are lifted up in vain.
21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and do not I earnestly contend with those that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with an unfeigned hatred, as they were mine utter enemies.
23 Try me, O God, and know mine heart: prove me and know my thoughts,
24 And consider if there be any way of wickedness in me, and lead me in the way forever

(a) Editor’s thought - A psalm extolling the love of God that is bestowed upon His greatest creation, that is to say man. Who was made from the dust of the earth, and brought up to be among the highest of all things made by Him. It is the Psalmist’s words that bless God for this creation as he realizes that God is everywhere, sees everything for there is no place wherein he can go that our Creator cannot find or see him. Even unto the very depths of hell, God will find one, and will pull one out according His grace and mercy. He that has created you, has likewise known you before all time.  In the end of this psalm the Psalmist asks only to be seen though the eyes of God’s mercy and grace, and to be corrected and lead in the ways of righteousness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment