Friday, June 14, 2013


My Daily Meditation

Friends, when we cloth ourselves in sin, we in essence hide away ourselves from God for He cannot look upon us.  But do not mistake this for God not KNOWING, that we’re in sin. What I am trying to so feebly state is simply, God see us, but He cannot acknowledge us, thus he turns His face away from us. But be of good cheer friends for God has sent His Son, Jesus to heal us. When we look to Him as Savior, it is then that God returns and begins the healing process.  As the scripture says when we confess our sins He is faithful to forgive us.  

15 For thus saith he that is high and excellent, he that inhabiteth the eternity, whose Name is the Holy one, I dwell in the high and holy place: with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit to revive the spirit of the humble, and to give life to them that are of a contrite heart.
16 For I will not contend forever: neither will I be always wroth, for the spirit should fail before me: and I have made the breath. (a)
17 For his wicked covetousness I am angry with him, and have smitten him: I hid me, and was angry, yet he went away, and turned after the way of his own heart. (b)
18 I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comfort unto him, and to those that lament him.
19 I create the fruit of the lips, to be peace: peace unto them that are far off, and to them that are near, saith the Lord: for I will heal him.

(a) Editor’s notation - Read Job Chapter 34:14-16
(b) Editor’s notation - Judges Chapter 17:6

Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Twenty Nine

1 They have oftentimes afflicted me from my youth (may Israel now say)
2 They have oftentimes afflicted me from my youth: but they could not prevail against me.
3 The plowers plowed upon my back, and made long furrows.
4 But the righteous Lord hath cut the cords of the wicked.
5 They that hate Zion, shall be all ashamed and turned backward.
6 They shall be as the grass on the house tops, which withereth afore it cometh forth.
7 Whereof the mower filleth not his hand, neither the gleaner his lap:
8 Neither they which go by, say, The blessing of the Lord be upon you, or, We bless you in the Name of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment