Wednesday, June 26, 2013



My Daily Meditation

19 And I will set a sign among them, and will send those that escape of them unto the nations of Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, and to them that draw the bow, to Tubal and Javan, isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory, and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles. (a), (b)
20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations, upon horses, and in chariots, and in horse litters, and upon mules, and swift beasts, to Jerusalem mine holy Mountain, saith the Lord, as the children of Israel offer in a clean vessel in the House of the Lord.
21 And I will take of them for Priests, and for Levites, saith the Lord.
22 For as the new heavens, and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name continue.
23 And from month to month, and from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
The Book of Isaiah Chapter 66:19-23

(a) Editor’s notation - Read Revelation 2:17, 3:12
(b) Editor’s notation - The sending out of first the Apostles, and then other evangelists throughout history,  who will preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all nations, all peoples and every corner of the globe until such time as God has decreed will mark the beginning of the end times, as spoken of in Matthew 24:14

Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Forty(a)

1 Deliver me, O Lord, from the evil man: preserve me from the cruel man:
2 Which imagine evil things in their heart, and make war continually.
3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent: adders’ poison is under their lips. Selah.
4 Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the cruel man, which purposeth to cause my steps to slide.
5 The proud have laid a snare for me, and spread a net with cords in my pathway, and set gins for me. Selah.
6 Therefore I said unto the Lord, Thou art my God: hear, O Lord, the voice of my prayers.
7 O Lord God the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
8 Let not the wicked have his desire, O Lord; perform not his wicked thought, lest they be proud. Selah.
9 As for the chief of them that compass me about, let the mischief of their own lips come upon them.
10 Let coals fall upon them: let him cast them into the fire, and into the deep pits that they rise not.

11 For the backbiter shall not be established upon the earth, evil shall hunt the cruel man to destruction.
12 I know that the Lord will avenge the afflicted, and judge the poor.
13 Surely the righteous shall praise thy Name, and the just shall]dwell in thy presence.

(a) Editor’s thought - I am reminded of Psalm 37, wherein the Psalmist says to worry not over the success or prosperity of the those who would be wicked and would do evil, but instead to take solace and joy in knowing that our Creator sees all these things and will justly compensate those same. Mostly they will be repaid by the own wicked creations of their own making; That is to say they will be consumed by the very evil they themselves have inflicted on other people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment