Tuesday, June 4, 2013



My Daily Meditation

4 The Lord God hath given me a tongue of the learned, that I should know to minister a word in time to him that is weary; he will raise me up in the morning, in the morning he will waken mine ear to hear, as the learned.
5 The Lord God hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned I back.
6 I gave my back unto the smiters, and my cheeks to the nippers: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
7 For the Lord God will help me, therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
8 He is near that justified me: who will contend with me? Let us stand together? who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.
9 Behold, the Lord God will help me: who is he that can condemn me? lo, they shall wax old as a garment: the moth shall eat them up.
10 Who is among you that feareth the Lord? let him hear the voice of his servant: he that walketh in darkness and hath no light, let him trust in the Name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
11 Behold, all you kindle a fire, and are compassed about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand: ye shall lie down in sorrow. (a)
The Book of Isaiah Chapter 50:4-11

(a) Editor’s thought - Re: vs 4-11 - Continuing on yesterday’s ending thought that when we seek God in all things, all aspects of our lives we will do well. It is true that we will go through adversity and trials, as brought about by people and things of this world. But as Isaiah says in verse 2 of this chapter God’s arm is not shortened. He can and will rescue and sustain us through all these things we face. Seek the Lord God my friends and you will never go wrong. If you try to go it alone you will in the end come to naught but sorrow. 


Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Twenty

1 I called unto the Lord in my trouble, and he heard me.
2 Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue.
3 What doth thy deceitful tongue bring unto thee? or what doth it avail thee?
4 It is as the sharp arrows of a mighty man, and as the coals of Juniper. (a)
5 Woe is to me that I remain in Meshech, and dwell in the tents of Kedar.
6 My soul hath too long dwelt with him that hateth peace.
7 I seek peace, and when I speak thereof, they are bent to war.

(a) Editor’s notation - Re: vs 2-4 - Read also The Epistle of James Chapter 3:5-10

No comments:

Post a Comment