Friday, June 21, 2013


My Daily Meditation

My Friends and brethren in Christ;

Lately, it has been impressed upon my mind that I should use audio in my studies and postings. In fact, it has been a struggle for me. I wanted to do what was asked of me, but fear would grip me each time I attempted to do it. I would fear sounding ignorant, and stumbling over my words. The last couple of days I fought against it tooth and nail, saying that could not speak well enough to convey His message.  It was then put upon my mind, that I would say NO message at all, that I’d not be allowed to even type any words of encouragement, or salvation (other than posting what I had read),and that I’d would be similar, Zechariah in Chapter one of The Gospel of Luke, until such time as I did the audio messages.  Again, I struggled and tried to avoid it. But the thought of not being able to speak on God’s word troubled me greatly. And so friends and brethren, I became obedient to Him whose Spirit drives me, and put aside my fears and instead, put my trust in Him to put the words in my mouth, as He did to Moses, though Aaron, as to Isaiah, when his lips were touched by God. 

There may be people reading this, who will scoff at this, who will think of me as going to extremes. There may be those who will think I’ve taken leave of my senses. I only know, what I believe, and what I feel. That the spreading of God’s word, His message of salvation, His call for repentance, is very important to me, and it is my call to serve Him in this capacity.  If He has said to me to use this audio media, I will do so. For as the Apostle Paul had written I will not be ashamed of the Gospel. I will only apologize for my lack of ability to speak concisely, and my stumbling, at times, over my tongue. I trust that I will in time improve upon it. Please find below the link to this first attempt. 
Sincerely, your fellow brother in Christ
RPW Sr. 

P.S., the music in the beginning is from my favorite Gospel song, as sung by the Gaithers - There is a River

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phTRxLg0P2U&feature=share&list=UUDKTNCae5PMLapSf1mg_-cA

Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Thirty Six

1 Praise ye the Lord, because he is good: for his mercy endureth forever.
2 Praise ye the God of gods: for his mercy endureth forever:
3 Praise ye the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth forever:
4 Which only doeth great wonders; for his mercy endureth forever:
5 Which by his wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth forever:
6 Which hath stretched out the earth upon the waters: for his mercy endureth forever:
7 Which made great lights: for his mercy endureth forever:
8 As the Sun to rule the day; for his mercy endureth forever:
9 The Moon and the stars to govern the night: for his mercy endureth forever:
10 Which smote Egypt with their firstborn, (for his mercy endureth forever)
11 And brought out Israel from among them; for his mercy endureth forever:
12 With a mighty hand and stretched out arm; for his mercy endureth forever:
13 Which divideth the Sea into two parts; for his mercy endureth forever:
14 And made Israel to pass through the midst of it; for his mercy endureth forever:
15 And overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the red Sea; for his mercy endureth forever:
16 Which led his people through the wilderness; for his mercy endureth forever:
17 Which smote great Kings: for his mercy endureth forever:
18 And slew mighty Kings: for his mercy endureth forever:
19 As Sihon King of the Amorites: for his mercy endureth forever:
20 And Og the king of Bashan: for his mercy endureth forever:
21 And gave their land for an heritage; for his mercy endureth forever:
22 Even an heritage unto Israel his servant; for his mercy endureth forever:
23 Which remembered us in our base estate; for his mercy endureth forever:
24 And hath rescued us from our oppressors; for his mercy endureth forever:
25 Which giveth food to all flesh; for his mercy endureth forever:
26 Praise ye the God of heaven; for his mercy endureth forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment