Monday, June 3, 2013


My Daily Meditation

1 Hear ye me, O isles, and hearken, ye people from far. The Lord hath called me from the womb, and made mention of my name from my mother’s belly.
2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword: under the shadow of his hand hath he [d]hid me, and made me a chosen shaft, and hid me in his quiver, (a), (b)
3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant Israel, for I will be glorious in thee.
4 And I said, I have labored in vain: I have spent my strength in vain and for nothing; but my judgment is with the Lord, and my work with my God.
5 And now saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, that I may bring Jacob again to him (though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord; and my God shall be my strength.)
6 And he said, It is a small thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the desolations of Israel: I will also give thee for a light of the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the world. (c)
7 Thus saith the Lord the redeemer of Israel, and his holy One, to him that is despised in soul, to a nation that is abhorred, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see, and arise, and princes shall worship, because of the Lord, that is faithful: and the holy One of Israel, which hath chosen thee.
8 Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and will give thee for a covenant of the people, that thou mayest raise up the [m]earth, and obtain the inheritance of the desolate heritages: (d)
9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; and to them that are in darkness, Show yourselves; they shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all the tops of the hills. (e)
The Book of Isaiah Chapter 49:1-9

(a) Editor’s notation - Read Psalm 149:6; Hebrews 4:12; Revelation 1:16, 19:13, 15
(b) Editor’s notation - Read Psalm 2:7
(c) Editor’s notation -  Read  Isaiah. 42:6; Acts 13:47; Luke 2:32.
(d) Editor’s notation - Read 2 Corinthians 2:6
(e) Editor’s thought - Re: These are those that are ensnared by the things and ways of this world and all it’s trappings. They are bound and imprisoned by them and as such need to freed by the Gospel of Christ. 


Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Nineteen

TAU

169 Let my complaint come before thee, O Lord,
and give me understanding according unto thy
word.
170 Let my supplication come before thee, and
deliver me according to thy promise.
171 My lips shall speak praise, when thou hast
taught me thy statutes.
172 My tongue shall entreat of thy word: for all
thy commandments are righteous.
173 Let thine hand help me: for I have chosen thy
precepts.
174 I have longed for thy salvation, O Lord, and
thy Law is my delight.
175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee, and
thy judgments shall help me.
176 I have gone astray like a lost sheep: seek thy
servant, for I do not forget thy commandments. (a)

(a) Editor’s thought - Re: vs 169-176 - While we strive to do our best, our best is not good enough to bring about our own righteousness. Therefore, we must seek out our Creator, and seek His divine assistance in order that we will do His will not only in our own lives, but also to be an example of life to others as we serve the Living God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment