Friday, May 31, 2013



My Daily Meditation

5 And Jehoshaphat stood in the Congregation of Judah and Jerusalem in the house of the Lord before the new court,
6 And said, O Lord God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and reignest not thou on all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is power and might, and none is able to withstand thee.
7 Didst not thou our God cast out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend forever?
8 And they dwelt therein, and have built thee a Sanctuary therein for thy Name, saying,
9 If evil come upon us, as the sword of judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we will stand before this house and in thy presence for thy name is in this house and will cry unto thee in our tribulation, and thou wilt hear and help.
10 And now, behold, the children of Ammon and Moab, and mount Seir, by whom thou wouldest not let Israel go, when they came out of the land of Egypt: but they turned aside from them, and destroyed them not:
11 Behold, I say, they reward us, in coming to cast us out of thine inheritance, which thou hast caused us to inherit:
12 O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for there is no strength in us to stand before this great multitude that cometh against us, neither do we know what to do: but our eyes are toward thee.
13 And all Judah stood before the Lord with their young ones, their wives, and their children.
14 And Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, was there, upon whom came the Spirit of the Lord, in the midst of the Congregation.
15 And he said, Hearken ye all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou, King Jehoshaphat: thus saith the Lord unto you, Fear you not, neither be afraid for this great multitude: for the battle is not yours, but God’s.
16 Tomorrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cleft of Ziz, and ye shall find them at the end of the brook before the wilderness of Jeruel.
17 Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: stand still, move not, and behold the salvation of the Lord towards you: O Judah, and Jerusalem, fear ye not, neither be afraid: tomorrow go out against them, and the Lord will be with you.
18 Then Jehoshaphat bowed down with his face to the earth, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell down before the Lord, worshipping the Lord.
19  And the Levites of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korahites stood up to praise the Lord God of Israel with a loud voice on high.
20 And when they arose early in the morning, they went forth to the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they departed, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear ye me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem: put your trust in the Lord your God, and ye shall be assured: believe his Prophets, and ye shall prosper.
21 And when he had consulted with the people, and appointed singers unto the Lord, and them that should praise him that is in the beautiful Sanctuary, in going forth before the men of arms, and saying, Praise ye the Lord, for his mercy lasteth forever.
The Second Book of Chronicles Chapter 20:5-21

47 And that all this assembly may know, that the Lord saveth not with sword nor with spear, (for the battle is the Lord’s) and he will give you into our hands.
The Second Book of Samuel Chapter17:47

14 If my people, among whom my Name is called upon, do humble themselves, and pray and seek my presence, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear in heaven and be merciful to their sin, and will heal their land:
15 Then mine eyes shall be open and mine ears attent unto the prayer made in this place.
16 For I have now chosen and sanctified this house, that my Name may be there forever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.
17 And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, to do according unto all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statutes and my judgments,
18 Then will I establish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I made the covenant with David thy father, saying, Thou shalt not want a man to be ruler in Israel.
19 But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them,
20 Then will I pluck them up out of my land, which I have given them, and this house which I have sanctified for my Name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a common talk among all people.
The Second Book of Chronicles Chapter 7:14-20

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness, which are in the high places.
13 For this cause take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to resist in the evil day, and having finished all things, stand fast
The Epistle to the Ephesians Chapter 6:12-13

Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Nineteen

RESH

153 Behold mine affliction, and deliver me: for I have not forgotten thy law.
154 Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according unto thy ]word.
155 Salvation is far from the wicked, because they seek not thy statutes.
156 Great art thy tender mercies, O Lord: quicken me according to thy judgments.
157 My persecutors and mine oppressors are many: yet do I not swerve from thy testimonies.
158 I saw the transgressors and was grieved, because they kept not thy word.
159 Consider, O Lord, how I love thy precepts: quicken me according to thy loving kindness.
160 The beginning of thy word is truth, and all the judgments of thy righteousness endure forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment