Thursday, May 2, 2013





My Daily Meditation
Turn From Your Ways


My friends, we are all sinners, for as the Psalmist David had observed there is none that does good, not one.  However, there is salvation from God that is freely given to us. We need not face the seat of judgment in fear, but with confidence, when we accept the grace from Him through the sacrifice of His Son Jesus.  Come back to the Father, come back to your Creator, for in Him is life.  Turn from the wages of sin, that is to say death. 

3 Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Turn ye unto me, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the Lord of hosts
The Book of Zechariah Chapter 1:3

20 My son, hearken unto my words, incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21 Let them not depart from thine eyes, but keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22 For they are life unto those that find them: and health unto all their flesh.
23 Keep thine heart with all diligence: for thereout cometh life.
24 Put away from thee a froward mouth, and put wicked lips far from thee.
25 Let thine eyes behold the right, and let thine eyelids direct thy way before thee.
26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be ordered aright.
27 Turn not to the right hand, nor to the left, but remove thy foot from evil
The Book of Proverbs Chapter 4:20-27


Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Sixteen

1 I love the Lord, because he hath heard my
voice and my prayers.
2 For he hath inclined his ear unto me, when I
did call upon him in my days.
3 When the snares of death compassed me, and
the griefs of the grave caught me: When I found
trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called upon the Name of the Lord,
saying, I beseech thee, O Lord, deliver my soul.
5 The Lord is merciful and righteous, and our
God is full of compassion.
6 The Lord preserveth the simple: I was in misery,
and he saved me.
7 Return unto thy rest, O my soul: for the Lord
hath been beneficial unto thee,
8 Because thou hast delivered my soul from death,
mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling. (a)
9 I shall walk before the Lord in the land of the
living.
10 I believed, therefore did I speak: for I was sore
troubled.
11 I said in my fear, All men are liars.
12 What shall I render unto the Lord for all his
benefits toward me?
13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon
the Name of the Lord.
14 I will pay my vows unto the Lord, even now in
the presence of all his people.
15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death
of his Saints.
16 Behold, Lord: for I am thy servant, I am thy
servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast
broken my bonds.
17 I will offer to thee a sacrifice of praise, and will
call upon the Name of the Lord.
18 I will pay my vows unto the Lord, even now
in the presence of all his people,
19 In the courts of the Lord’s house, even in the
midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the Lord.


(a) Editor’s thought - God has redeemed us from eternal separation from Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment