Saturday, May 4, 2013


My Daily Meditation
Hear and See


My friends, so often in the Bible we see references to the blind seeing, and the deaf hearing. In the NT, particular we read about the miraculous healings that Christ performed during his ministry. As a side note,  we read at the end of the Gospel According to John of all the things that were not  included in his writings because there would not have been enough space in all the books ever written.  We also read in the NT the references as spoken by Jesus that those that can hear, should hear, and those that should see, should see. These words that were meant to open the eyes, and ears of those that were doubtful, whose hearts were hardened, to God. So not only did Jesus heal the blind and deaf physically, He also healed then and likewise those that were not so stricken with such disabilities spiritually. 

My friends, I am here today to challenge you. To tell you to open your eyes, ears, and soften your hearts. Allow the grace that God has freely given to you, to take root in your being. For the grace of God is the road to eternal salvation. The gateway to that road, is the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior, and atonement for your sins.  Search the Gospels, and see and hear for yourselves how God has brought about His plan for salvation.  As the apostle Paul had written, in the Epistle to the Romans that through one man that is Adam, sin entered the world, likewise through one man, Jesus, the cleansing of all sin entered the world.  

Will you accept the challenge?  

Heavenly Father:
Please open my eyes, and ears, that I might see and hear your words of Life, and that afterwards, I can come to accept the sacrifice of your Son Jesus Christ as my Savior.  I wish to be a partaker of your grace, that you rain down upon all people.  That I might stand confidently in the time of judgment knowing that I am washed clean of all sin. 



8 The Lord giveth sight to the blind: the Lord raiseth up the crooked: the Lord loveth the righteous.

The Book of Psalms Chapter 146:8


6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and I will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, and for a light of the Gentiles,

7 That thou mayest open the eyes of the blind, and bring out the prisoners from the prison: and them that sit in darkness, out of the prison house.
The Book of Isaiah Chapter 42:6-7


27 But when I shall have spoken unto thee, I will open thy mouth, and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God, He that heareth, let him hear, and he that leaveth off, (A)let him leave: for they are a rebellious house.

The Book of Ezekiel Chapter 3:27


10 Who is among you that feareth the Lord? let him hear the voice of his servant: he that walketh in darkness and hath no light, let him trust in the Name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.

11 Behold, all you kindle a fire, and are compassed about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand: ye shall lie down in sorrow.
The Book of Isaiah Chapter 50:10-11


18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

19 The meek in the Lord shall receive joy again, and the poor men shall rejoice in the Holy one of Israel.
The Book of Isaiah Chapter 29:18-19


11 Thou also shall be saved through the blood of thy covenant. I have loosed thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water.

12 Turn you to the stronghold, ye prisoners of hope: even today do I declare, that I will render the double unto thee.
The Book of Zechariah Chapter 9:11-12


1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

8 Remember that Jesus Christ, made of the seed of David, was raised again from the dead according to my Gospel
11 It is a true saying, For if we be dead together with him: we also shall live together with him.
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign together with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us.
15 Study to show thyself approved unto God a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, dividing the word of truth [n]aright.
24 But the servant of the Lord must not strive, but must be gentle toward all men, apt to teach, suffering the evil,
25 Instructing them with meekness that are contrary minded, proving if God at any time will give them repentance, that they may acknowledge the truth,
26 And come to amendment out of that snare of the devil, of whom they are taken prisoners, to do his will.
The Second Epistle to Timothy Chapter 2:1, 8, 11-12, 15, 24-26



Read One Psalm a Day

Psalm One Hundred Eighteen 


1 Praise ye the Lord, because he is good: for his

mercy endureth forever.
2 Let Israel now say, That his mercy endureth
forever.
3 Let the house of Aaron now say, That his mercy
endureth forever.
4 Let them that fear the Lord, now say, That his
mercy endureth forever.
5 I called upon the Lord in trouble, and the Lord
heard me, and set me at large.
6 The Lord is with me: therefore I will not fear
what man can do unto me. (a)
7 The Lord is with me among them that help me:
therefore shall I see my desire upon mine enemies.
8 It is better to trust in the Lord, than to have
confidence in man.
9 It is better to trust in the Lord, than to have
confidence in princes. (b)
10 All nations have compassed me: but in the
Name of the Lord shall I destroy them.
11 They have compassed me, yea, they have
compassed me: but in the Name of the Lord I shall
destroy them.
12 They came about me like bees, but they were
quenched as a fire of thorns: for in the Name of the
Lord I shall destroy them.
13 Thou hast thrust sore at me, that I might fall:
but the Lord hath helped me.
14 The Lord is my strength and 1song: for he hath
been my deliverance.
15 The voice of joy and deliverance shall be in the
tabernacles of the righteous, saying, The right hand
of the Lord hath done valiantly. (c)
16 The right hand of the Lord is exalted: the right
hand of the Lord hath done valiantly.
17 I shall not die, but live, and declare the works
of the Lord. (d)
18 The Lord had chastened me sore, but he hath
not delivered me to death. (e)
19 Open ye unto me the gates of righteousness,
that I may go into them, and praise the Lord. 
20 This is the gate of the Lord: the righteous shall
enter into it. (f)
21 I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and
hast been my deliverance.
22 The stone, which the builders refused, is the
head of the corner. (g)
23 This was the Lord’s doing, and it is marvelous
in our eyes,
24 This is the day, which the Lord hath made: let
us rejoice and be glad in it.
25 O Lord, I pray thee, save now: O Lord, I pray
thee now give prosperity.
26 Blessed be he, that cometh in the Name of the
Lord: we have blessed you out of the house of the
Lord. (h)
27 The Lord is mighty, and hath given us 1light: bind
the sacrifice with cords unto the horns of the altar.
28 Thou art my God, and I will praise thee, even
my God: therefore I will exalt thee.
29 Praise ye the Lord, because he is good: for his
mercy endureth forever.




(a) Editor’s notation - Read Luke Chapter 12:4-5
(b) Editor’s notation - Re: vs 8-9 - Read Psalm 146:3, Psalm 60:11,  Psalm 40:4, Jeremiah 17:5-8,  2 Chronicles 32:7-8
(c) Editor’s notation - Read Luke 1:39-47
(d) Editor’s notation - Read Matthew 16:28, Mark 9:1, Luke 9:27, John 21:22-23,  Isaiah 9:2,  Hosea 13:14
(e) Editor’s notation - Read Revelation 3:19
(f) Editor’s thought - Re: vs 19-20 Jesus is the gateway, He is the door to salvation. It is only through Him can we enter into the grace of redemption.  Read John 10:7-9,  John 14:6, 
(g) Editor’s notation - Read Isaiah 28:16, Ephesians 2:20-21, 1 Peter 2:5-7
(h) Editor’s notation - Read Isaiah 40:3,  John 1:22-23, Matthew 21:9, 23:39, Mark 11:9, Luke 13:35, 19:38, John 12:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment