Thursday, May 16, 2013




My Daily Meditation


My friends I will be brief today, and let the Word of God speak to your hearts

32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
The Gospel According to Luke Chapter 5:31

30 The God of our fathers hath raised up Jesus whom ye slew, and hanged on a tree.
31 Him hath God lifted up with his right hand, to be a Prince and a Savior, to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32 And we are his witnesses concerning these things which we say: yea, and the holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him
The Acts of the Apostles Chapter 5:30-32

24 But the servant of the Lord must not strive, but must be gentle toward all men, apt to teach, suffering the evil,
25 Instructing them with meekness that are contrary minded, proving if God at any time will give them repentance, that they may acknowledge the truth,
26 And come to amendment out of that snare of the devil, of whom they are taken prisoners, to do his will.
The Second Epistle to Timothy Chapter 2:24-25

9 The Lord of that promise is not slack (as some men count slackness) but is patient toward us, and would have no man to perish, but would all men to come to repentance.
The Second Epistle of Peter Chapter 3:8

4 Who will that all men shall be saved, and come unto the acknowledging of the truth.
The First Epistle to Timothy Chapter 2:4


Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Nineteen
TETH

65 O Lord, thou hast dealt graciously with thy
servant, according unto thy word.
66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for
I have believed thy commandments.
67 Before I was afflicted, I went astray: but now
I keep thy word.
68 Thou art good and gracious: teach me thy
statutes.
69 The proud have imagined a lie against me: but
I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart.
70 Their heart is fat as grease, but my delight is
in thy Law.
71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted,
that I may learn thy statutes. (a)
72 The Law of thy mouth is better unto me, than
thousands of gold and silver.

(a) Editor’s thought and notation - When we endure afflictions, that is to say go through hard and/or difficult times we begin to understand patience and the holding on of our faith. Likewise we learn to come closer to our God. Remember, that our Savior endured much affliction and suffered the ultimate punishment for our sakes, yet never took His eyes off of our Creator.  Read 2 Timothy 4:5, 1 Peter 5:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment