Wednesday, April 24, 2013




My Daily Meditations
Are You Ready?

Brethren, the Lord will come to us on the clouds of glory, but he will also come unannounced and catch many unaware, and unprepared.  Be watchful, and be certain that you’ll be able to stand in confidence in the time of judgment as there is no hiding place from the kingdom’s throne.  Take the grace that is freely given unto you by confessing Christ as Savior.  Again it is stressed that God will meet you where you are now, no matter what point or what stage in life you are standing.  He does not play favorites. The rich and the poor, the proud and the humble, all must stand before Him. He is not a respecter of persons. 

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in dens, and among the rocks of the mountains,
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the presence of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.
17 For the great day of his wrath is come, and who can stand?
The Revelation of Saint John the Apostle Chapter 6:15-17

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive, that God is no respecter of persons.
The Acts of the Apostles Chapter 10:34

31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
The Epistle to the Hebrews Chapter 10:31


Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Nine

1 Hold not thy tongue, O God of my praise.
2 For the mouth of the wicked, and the mouth
full of deceit are opened upon me: they have spoken
to me with a lying tongue.
3 They compassed me about also with words of
hatred, and fought against me without a cause.
4 For my friendship they were my adversaries,
but I gave myself to prayer.
5 And they have rewarded me evil for good, and
hatred for my friendship.
6 Set thou the wicked over him, and let the
adversary stand at his right hand.
7 When he shall be judged, let him be condemned,
and let his prayer be turned into sin.
8 Let his days be few, and let another take his
charge.
9 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a
widow.
10 Let his children be vagabonds, and beg and
seek bread, coming out of their places destroyed.
11 Let the extortioner catch all that he hath, and
let the strangers spoil his labor.
12 Let there be none to extend mercy unto him:
neither let there be any to show mercy upon his
fatherless children.
13 Let his posterity be destroyed, and in the
generation following, let their name be put out.
14 Let the iniquity of his fathers be had in
remembrance with the Lord: and let not the sin of
his mother be done away.
15 But let them always be before the Lord, that
he may cut off their memorial from the earth.
16 Because he remembered not to show mercy,
but persecuted the afflicted and poor man, and the
sorrowful hearted to slay him.
17 As he loved cursing, so shall it come unto
him, and as he loved not blessing, so shall it be far
from him.
18 As he clothed himself with cursing like a raiment,
so shall it come into his bowels like water, and
like oil into his bones.
19 Let it be unto him as a garment to cover him, and
for a girdle, wherewith he shall be always girded.
20 Let this be the reward of mine adversary from the
Lord, and of them that speak evil against my soul.
21 But thou, O Lord my God, deal with me according
unto thy Name: deliver me, (for thy mercy
is good)
22 Because I am poor and needy, and mine heart
is wounded within me.
23 I depart like the shadow that declineth, and
am shaken off as the grasshopper.
24 My knees are weak through fasting, and my
flesh hath lost all fatness.
25 I became also a rebuke unto them: they that
looked upon me, shaked their heads.
26 Help me, O Lord my God: save me according
to thy mercy.
27 And they shall know that this is thine hand,
and that thou, Lord, hast done it.
28 Though they curse, yet thou wilt bless: they
shall arise and be confounded, but thy servant shall
rejoice.
29 Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame,
and let them cover themselves with their confusion
as with a cloak.
30 I will give thanks unto the Lord greatly with
my mouth, and praise him among the multitude.
31 For he will stand at the right hand of the poor,
to save him from them that would condemn his
soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment