Saturday, April 13, 2013




My Daily Meditation
Priorities

31 But rather seek ye after the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be cast upon you.
36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
The Gospel According to Luke Chapter 12:31, 36

23 Jesus answered, and said unto him, If any man love me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and will dwell with him
The Gospel of John Chapter 14:23

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore and amend.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock, If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in unto him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
The Revelation of St. John the Apostle Chapter 3:19-20

Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Two

1 O Lord hear my prayer, and let my cry come
unto thee.
2 Hide not thy face from me in the time of my
trouble: incline thine ears unto me, when I call, make
haste to hear me.
3 For my days are consumed like smoke, and
my bones are burnt like an hearth.
4 Mine heart is smitten, and withered like grass,
because I forgat to eat my bread.
5 For the voice of my groaning, my bones do
cleave to my skin.
6 I am like a pelican of the wilderness: I am like
an owl of the deserts.
7 I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the
house top.
8 Mine enemies revile me daily, and they that
rage against me, have sworn against me.
9 Surely I have eaten ashes as bread, and mingled
my drink with weeping,
10 Because of thine indignation and thy wrath:
for thou hast heaved me up, and cast me down.
11 My days are like a shadow that fadeth, and I
am withered like grass.
12 But thou, O Lord, dost remain forever, and
thy remembrance from generation to generation.
13 Thou wilt arise and have mercy upon Zion: for
the time to have mercy thereon, for the appointed
time is come.
14 For thy servants delight in the stones thereof,
and have pity on the dust thereof.
15 Then the heathen shall fear the Name of the
Lord, and all the kings of the earth thy glory,
16 When the Lord shall build up Zion, and shall
appear in his glory,
17 And shall turn unto the prayer of the desolate
and not despise their prayer.
18 This shall be written for the generation to come:
and the people which shall be created, shall praise
the Lord.
19 For he hath looked down from the height of his
Sanctuary: out of the heaven did the Lord behold
the earth,
20 That he might hear the mourning of the prisoner,
and deliver the children of death. (a)
21 That they may declare the Name of the Lord
in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem,
22 When the people shall be gathered together,
and the kingdoms to serve the Lord.
23 He abated my strength in the way, and shortened
my days.
24 And I said, O my God, take me not away in the
midst of my days: thy years endure from generation
to generation.
25 Thou hast aforetime laid the foundation of
the earth, and the heavens are the work of thine
hands.
26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure:
even they all shall wax old as doth a garment: as a
vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be
changed.
27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall not
fail.
28 The children of thy servants shall continue,
and their seed shall stand fast in thy sight

(a) Editor’s thought - This is to say, those that are bound and imprisoned by the wages of sin; death

No comments:

Post a Comment