Friday, April 12, 2013




My Daily Meditation
Saved by Grace, Not by Works

1 And you hath he quickened, that were dead in trespasses and sins,
2 Wherein, in times past ye walked, according to the course of this world, and after the prince that ruleth in the air, even the spirit, that now worketh in the children of disobedience,
3 Among whom we also had our conversation in time past in the lusts of our flesh, in fulfilling the will of the flesh, and of the mind, and were by nature the children of wrath, as well as others.
4 But God which is rich in mercy, through his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead by sins, hath quickened us together in Christ, by whose grace ye are saved,
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 That he might show in the ages to come the exceeding riches of his grace through his kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God,
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast himself.
The Epistle to the Ephesians Chapter 2:1-9

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of a man, which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have receiveth not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit, which is of God, that we might know the things that are given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the holy Ghost teacheth, comparing spiritual things with spiritual things.
The First Epistle to the Corinthians Chapter 2:11-13

16 Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how he said, John baptized with water, but ye shall be baptized with the holy Ghost.
17 For as much then as God gave them a like gift, as he did unto us, when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I, that I could let God?
18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
The Acts of the Apostle Chapter 11:16-18

18 Yet therefore will the Lord wait, that he may have mercy upon you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have compassion upon you: for the Lord is the God of judgment. Blessed are all they that wait for him.
21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when thou turnest to the right hand, and when thou turnest to the left.
The Book of Isaiah Chapter 30:18, 21

23 Have I any desire that the wicked should die, saith the Lord God? or shall he not live, if he return from his ways?
11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I desire not the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn you, turn you from your evil ways, for why will ye die, O ye house of Israel?
The Book of Ezekiel Chapter 18:23, Chapter 30:11


Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred One

1 I will sing mercy and judgment: unto thee, O
Lord, will I sing.
2 I will do wisely in the perfect way, till thou
comest to me, I will walk in the uprightness of mine
heart in the midst of my house.
3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I
hate the work of them that fall away: it shall not
cleave unto me.
4 A froward heart shall depart from me; I will
know none evil.
5 Him that privily slandereth his neighbor, will I
destroy: him that hath a proud look and high heart,
I cannot suffer.
6 Mine eyes shall be unto the faithful of the land,
that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a
perfect way, he shall serve me.
7 There shall no deceitful person dwell within
my house: he that telleth lies, shall not remain in
my sight.
8 Betimes will I destroy all the wicked of the
land that I may cut off all the workers of iniquity
from the City of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment