Monday, April 29, 2013




My Daily Meditation
You Can’t, But Jesus Can

My friends, there is a hymn by Robert Lowry that contains the following lyrics:

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

How many times has anyone of us seen a man on the street type interview, with a question phrased in such a way as to ask “what does it take to get to heaven?” or “do you think you’ll go to heaven?” To often, and much to my disappointment I hear people answer in such a way that implies that all they have to do is be a good person. Follow the golden rule, be kind, generous, compassionate. I don’t doubt that such a person is also very sincere in that belief, and it is commendable to practice those moral precepts. But my friends you have to know, that quite frankly it means diddly-squat!  God’s word clearly states that all our best attempts at righteousness fall way short. As the Psalmist David stated, there is none that does good, not one.  If you happened to read the post I made yesterday, ( from Ray Pritchard), there is only ONE way to get to heaven. You must, and I emphasis the word MUST,accept the grace that is freely given to you by God our Father. And, the only way to accept that is by stating that you accept the sacrifice made by Jesus Christ.  There is no other way. 

Now some of you may say to yourselves or to others that you’ve heard or personally believe that God is Love, or He is a loving God, and surely He would not condemn His children to suffer eternal separation from Himself.  Friends, this only partly true. Yes He is a God of love and compassion, and yes He has no wish to be apart from you,  but He is likewise, and more importantly a God of righteousness. He cannot look upon sin period, and friends, we are sinners. There is no way around this fact, we are sinners. 

Jesus said that He is the way, and all that come to the Father must go through Him. He is the door, the portal, the gateway to spending eternity with God.  Only God, through Christ can wash away your sins. Does this give us license then to continue in it? Certainly not, but on the times when we slip, and fall, know this, and know it well my friends, you’re covered by His precious blood,  you have an advocate that speaks on your behalf.  

So today, I invite those who have yet to do so, accept God’s grace. It is freely given to any and all that want it. It doesn’t matter who you are, or what your station in life is at this point in time. As is written in the Book Deuteronomy; choose life, my friends. Will you accept this choice today?  All it takes is to confess with one’s mouth, that you are a sinner, and that you want to get right with God, by acknowledging, the sacrifice made by Jesus Christ on your behalf;

Heavenly Father, I confess that I am a sinner, that I have fallen short of your vision of righteousness. I ask that you come into my heart, and I accept the sacrifice that your Son made for me, that he died for my sins.  I ask to be washed by His blood, and be made whole and made clean. Amen

I would add here my friends, that once you’ve made  this confession,  that the next thing to do is find and attend a church, and begin to fellowship with other believers. This is very important for you need to be fed continually in order to grow in your walk with Him. While we each have a personal relationship with Him, it is necessary for each of us to be strengthened by those that have walked before us. 

Secondly start to read and more importantly study the Bible. Your walk, that has just begun, is a continual journey on this temporal plain.  If I might suggest a starting place, the Book of Hebrews is a good place to start, along with the Gospel According to John. Additionally, there are many, many sites online that have daily devotionals, wherein one can read through the Bible in a year.  

May God richly bless you.
RPW Sr. 

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live
The Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 30:19

18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins were as crimson, they shall be made white as snow: though they were red like scarlet, they shall be as wool
The Book of Isaiah Chapter 1:18

Thus saith the Lord thy redeemer, the Holy one of Israel, I am the Lord thy God, which teach thee to profit, and lead thee by the way that thou shouldest go
The Book of Isaiah Chapter 48:17

14 Jesus said unto him, I am that Way, and that Truth, and that Life. No man cometh unto the Father, but by me
The Gospel According to John Chapter 14:6

Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm One Hundred Thirteen 

1 Praise, O ye servants of the Lord, praise the
Name of the Lord.
2 Blessed be the Name of the Lord from henceforth
and forever.
3 The Lord’s Name is praised from the rising of
the sun, unto the going down of the same.
4 The Lord is high above all nations, and his
glory above the heavens.
5 Who is like unto the Lord our God, that hath
his dwelling on high.
6 Who abaseth himself to behold things in the
heavens and in the earth!
7 He raiseth the needy out of the dust, and lifteth
up the poor out of the dung,
8 That he may set him with the princes, even
with the princes of his people.
9 He maketh the barren woman to dwell with
a family, and a joyful mother of children. Praise ye
the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment