Monday, October 5, 2009

The Daily Meditation - John 6:47 - 58

Bookmark and Share


The Bread of Life
John 6:47 - 58
47Verily, verily I say unto you, he that believethin me, hath everlasting life.
48 I am that bread of life.
49 Your fathers did eat Manna in the wilderness,and are dead. (a)
50 This is that bread, which cometh down fromheaven, that he which eateth of it, should not die.
51 I am that living bread, which came downfrom heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shalllive forever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh,which I will give for the life of the world. (b)
52 Then the Jews strove among themselves, saying,How can this man give us his flesh to eat? (c)
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily Isay unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Sonof man, and drink his blood, ye have 1no life in you.
54 Whosoever keateth my flesh, and drinketh myblood, hath eternal life, and I will raise him up atthe last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood,dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As 1that living Father hath sent me, so live I by the 2Father, and he that eateth me, even he shalllive by me.
58 This is that bread which came down fromheaven: not as your fathers have eaten Manna,and are dead. He that eateth of this bread, shalllive forever.
(a) Verse 49
(b) Verse 51
(c) Verse 52
(d) Verses 54 - 56
(e) Verse 58

No comments:

Post a Comment