Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Blind Following the Blind

After reading this piece at Michelle Malkin’s website, I immediately had a number of thoughts about these organizations.

Number one - It seems that these groups are being organized and are trying to use the power of the Federal Government to silence all opposition. In particular talk radio and conservative websites. It seems that the concept, if not the actual, Fairness Doctrine is very much alive.

Number two - As a conservative I have constantly heard from the left shouts of “separation of church and state”, yet here we have church groups, (supported by others) that are actively seeking the FCC to impose regulations, sanctions and fines. Where is that outcry now I ask?

Number 3 - I have stated elsewhere that I have known Liberal leaning Christians. Many, I have observed have a sincere desire to do good for their fellow man, and are probably not much interested in the politics of the people that are running these organizations. That being said, I do find however that the major tenet of the Bible, especially in the New Testament that appears lost on them. Those tenets being;
a) Christ is Savior
b) Salvation is obtained through grace
c) Grace is given to us freely through God the FatherThey seem to confuse the message of Christ with one of brotherly love, (which is a good thing), with salvation, (which is even better). Perhaps I am wrong, but it would seem to be the message Liberal Christians send.

While I understand their desire to do good works, which as the apostle James has said in his Epistle is linked to being a good follower of Christ, I just get the feeling that they focus too much on that, and not on Grace. Understand that I do NOT question their sincerity, but I do wonder about how they prioritize the message they receive. While both are essential as you cannot separate one from the other, the emphasis seems to be more on former than the latter.

Number 4 - I am reminded here of three scriptures

.Job 9:31
Psalms 7:15
Matthew 15:14

All three mention falling into a ditch, the latter of the three referencing the concept that those that lead and those that follow are both blind. One might be inclined to call them kindred spirits. Each supporting the other, yet headed for disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment