Friday, October 2, 2009

The Daily Meditation - John 5:24 - 30

Bookmark and Share

Amen Me!

The Everlasting Life
John 5:24 - 30

24 Verily, verily I say unto you, he that heareth myword, and believeth him that sent me, hath everlastinglife, and shall not come into condemnation, buthath passed from death to life.
25 Verily, verily I say unto you, the hour shallcome, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voiceof the Son of God: and they that hear it shall live. (a)
26 For as the Father hath life in himself, so likewisehath he given to the Son to have life in himself.
27 And hath given him power also to executejudgment, in that he is the Son of man.
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour shall come,in the which all that are in the graves, shall hearhis voice.
29 And they shall come forth, that have donegood, unto the resurrection of life: but they that havedone evil, unto the resurrection of condemnation. (b)
30 I can do nothing of mine own self: as I hear,I judge: and my judgment is just, because I seeknot mine own will, but the will of the Father whohath sent me.
(a) Verse 25
I have oft times said that God’s word speaks on many levels. In this case I am thinking that He is referring to those that are dead in sin as well as the physically dead.
John 10:27
Colossians 2:13
(b) Verse 29Matthew 25:31 - 34, 40 - 41, 46
Revelation 3;20 - 22
Revelation 20:11 - 15

No comments:

Post a Comment