Tuesday, August 19, 2014



The Law Cannot Save From Sin Part 2

14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For I allow not that which I do: for what I would, that do I not: but what I hate, that do I.

18 For I know, that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me: but I find no means to perform that which is good,
19 For I do not the good thing, which I would, but the evil, which I would not, that do I

23 But I see another Law in my members, rebelling against the law of my mind, and leading me captive unto the law of sin, which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am, who shall deliver me from the body of this death!
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Then I myself in my mind serve the Law of God, but in my flesh the law of sin.

The Epistle to the Romans 7:14-15, 18-19, 23-25

Related Scripture upon which to meditate - Leviticus 19:2, 20:7, 1 Corinthians 15:57, Galatians 5:17, 1 Peter 1:15-16

Good morning and greetings in the name of Christ Jesus

As we have seen in the past studies, there is none that can do the righteous requirements of the Law fully as it would take the perfection that we do not have to accomplish it. Hence Paul’s last entry in this chapter, that it is only through God can we even begin to try by thinking the God thinks, and emulating His ways to the best of our abilities. As Paul later writes in various epistles we must bury the old man, and renew our minds to living as the new creation in Christ. 

We, as was Paul, are creatures of carnality. We see things through the eyes of man, instead of the eyes of God. Indeed O wretched creatures we are that we would do such things. However, we have a savior who sacrificed Himself so that we can be blameless in the time of judgment. Does this give us a license to sin? Most certainly not, for we are not advancing the image of the Kingdom of God, by sinning so that His ways are shown to be righteous. Nay, we are to be as He is, walking in humble humility, and following in the footsteps of His righteousness. 

Friends if these two short paragraphs have touched your heart today, it is suggested you come to Christ and earnestly seek Him with all your heart. Pray with me if you would.

Today, I have read Your word Lord, and I come to seek You and confess and renounce my sins, and my carnality. I ask Your forgiveness, and accept the grace and mercy that You so freely offer to all peoples, by acknowledging the sacrifice of Your Son Jesus Christ as an atonement for my sins. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment