Thursday, August 14, 2014



The Law Cannot Save from Sin Part 1

7 What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? God forbid. Nay, I knew not sin, but by the Law: for I had not known lust, except the Law had said, Thou shalt not lust.
12 Wherefore the Law is holy, and that commandment is holy, and just, and good.
22 For I delight in the Law of God, concerning the inner man.
The Epistle to the Romans 7:7, 12, 22 (Geneva Bible Translation Ed. 1599)

Good Morning in the name of Jesus Christ; Lord of Lords, King of Kings

Today’s study is one that can sometimes be difficult to understand. One the one hand we’re free from the Law, on the other we are still under it. If one reads in Luke 16:17 we read that Jesus states that not one little title, (smallest letter in the Hebrew alphabet) would pass away or be removed from the Law. Hence we’re still under the Law. What the Law does is bring us to a knowledge of sin. The Apostle Paul later writes in Galatians 3:24-25, that Law served as a tutor to bring us to Christ. 

In verse 22 Paul writes that the inner man, that is the one that would like to do good delights and joys in the Law for it brings us towards righteousness. However, the inference herein is that the outward man rebels against it for it cannot stand to be justly condemned by it. 

The next reading will go further into explaining the reasonings behind the above, and how it is that we are freed from it. 

Friends, if you have not yet given yourself up to the service of God, you can do so at any time. God is patient and slow to anger. His mercy is readily available to all that call upon it. Take the offer today. Pray with me please:

Father I come to You today, and give my life over to You. I confess my sins, and acknowledge Your Son Jesus Christ as my Redeemer, and Savior. Come and dwell with me, and teach me Your ways. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment