Saturday, March 1, 2014



Today’s Reading
The Second Epistle to the Church at Corinth
Chapter 11:5-15

5 Verily I suppose that I was not inferior to the very chief Apostles.
6 And though I be rude in speaking, yet I am not so in knowledge, but among you we have been made manifest to the uttermost, in all things.
7 Have I committed an offence, because I abased myself, that ye might be exalted, and because I preached to you the Gospel of God freely? (a)
8 I robbed other Churches, and took wages of them to do you service.
9 And when I was present with you, and had need, I was not slothful to the hindrance of any man: for that which was lacking unto me, the brethren which came from Macedonia, supplied, and in all things I kept, and will keep myself, that I should not be grievous unto you.
10 The truth of Christ is in me, that this rejoicing shall not be shut up against me in the regions of Achaia.
11 Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth.
12 But what I do, that will I do, that I may cut away occasion from them which desire occasion, that they might be found like unto us in that wherein they rejoice.
13 For such false apostles are deceitful workers, and transform themselves into the Apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel: for Satan himself is transformed into an Angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing, though his ministers transform themselves, as though they were the ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works.

(a) Editor’s thought - Re: vs 7 & 13 - Herein is where I find some of the TV evangelists, and those of the mega-churches, run into trouble. Do they have a love for God; Yes. But somewhere along the way they become as the Pharisees, the Sadducees, and Scribes, in the time of Christ. They take joy in the praise of men, and forget that it is only, as mentioned yesterday, that they should only glory in God, and in the spreading of the Gospel. He is the final arbitrator of their wages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment