Friday, March 7, 2014



The Second Epistle to the Church at Corinth
Chapter 12:14-21

14 Behold, the third time I am ready to come unto you, and yet will I not be slothful to your hindrance: for I seek not yours, but you: for the children ought not to lay up for the fathers, but the fathers for the children.
15 And I will most gladly bestow, and will be bestowed for your souls: though the more I love you, the less I am loved.
16 But be it that I charged you not: yet for as much as I was crafty, I took you with guile.
17 Did I pill you by any of them whom I sent unto you?
18 I have desired Titus, and with him I have sent a brother: did Titus pill you of any things? walked we not in the selfsame spirit? walked we not in the same steps?
19 Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? we speak before God in Christ. But we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying.
20 For I fear lest when I come, I shall not find you such as I would: and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: and lest there be strife, envying, wrath, contentions, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, and discord.
21 I fear lest when I come again, my God abase me among you, and I shall bewail many of them which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness, and fornication, and wantonness which they have committed. (a)

Editor’s thought - Re: vs 21 - herein Paul admonishes the church at Corinth for committing acts of unrighteousness, (for which this epistle was written), and have not yet repented of their actions. His warning is this time is written, and is an advance notice so to speak that if they have not  yet done so by the time he arrives, the will openly condemn them in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment