Monday, March 31, 2014



The Book of Ecclesiastes
Chapter 7:23-31
(Geneva Bible Translation)

23 Give not thine heart also to all the words that men speak, lest thou do hear thy servant cursing thee.
24 For oftentimes also thine heart knoweth that thou likewise hast cursed others. (a)
25 All this have I proved by wisdom: I thought, I will be wise, but it went far from me.
26 It is far off, what may it be? and it is a profound deepness, who can find it?
27 I have compassed about, both I and mine heart to know and to inquire and to search wisdom, and reason, and to know the wickedness of folly, and the foolishness of madness,
28 And I find more bitter than death the woman whose heart is as nets and snares, and her hands as bands: he that is good before God, shall be delivered from her, but the sinner shall be taken by her.
29 Behold, saith the Preacher, this have I found, seeking one by one to find the count:
30 And yet my soul seeketh, but I find it not. I have found one man of a thousand: but a woman among them all have I not found.
31 Only lo, this have I found, that God hath made man righteous: but they have sought many inventions.

(a) Read James 3

No comments:

Post a Comment