Monday, March 17, 2014



The Book of Ecclesiastes 
Chapter 2:17-26

17 Therefore I hated life: for the work that is wrought under the Sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity, and vexation of the spirit.
18 I hated also all my labor, wherein I had travailed under the Sun, which I shall leave to the man that shall be after me.
19 And who knoweth whether he shall be wise or foolish? yet shall he have rule over all my labor, wherein I have travailed, and wherein I have showed myself wise under the Sun. This is also vanity.
20 Therefore I went about to make mine heart abhor all the labor, wherein I had travailed under the Sun.
21 For there is a man whose travail is in wisdom, and in knowledge, and in equity: yet to a man that hath not travailed herein, shall he give his portion: this also is vanity, and a great grief.
22 For what hath man of all his travail and grief of his heart, wherein he hath travailed under the Sun?
23 For all his days are sorrows, and his travail grief: his heart also taketh not rest in the night: which also is vanity.
24 There is no profit to man, but that he eat and drink, and delight his soul with the profit of his labor: I saw also this, that it was of the hand of God. (a)
25 For who could eat, and who could haste to outward things more than I?
26 Surely to a man that is good in his sight, God giveth wisdom, and knowledge, and joy: but to the sinner he giveth pain to gather, and to heap to give to him that is good before God: this also is vanity, and vexation of the spirit.

(a) Re: vs 24 - Read Ecclesiastes 3:13; Matthew 6:18-21, 25-34; Luke 12:16-21; 1 Corinthian 15:32; 1 Timothy 6:17; 

No comments:

Post a Comment