Monday, January 6, 2014


My Daily Meditation
Today’s Reading
The Epistle to the Hebrews
Chapter 10:5-10

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not: but a body hast thou ordained me. (a) 
6 In burnt offerings, and sin offerings thou hast had no pleasure.
7 Then I said, Lo, I come (in the beginning of the book it is written of me) that I should do thy will, O God.
8 Above, when he said, Sacrifice and offering, and burnt offerings, and sin offerings, thou wouldest not have, neither hadst pleasure therein (which are offered by the Law.)
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God, he taketh away the first, that he may stablish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified, even by the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once made.

(a) Editor’s notation - Re: vs 5 - Read Psalm 40:6-8, also John 3:17
(b) Editor’s notation - Re: vs 9 - Read Matthew 26:39

No comments:

Post a Comment