Wednesday, January 29, 2014



My Daily Meditation
Today’s Reading 
The Second Epistle to the Church at Corinth
Chapter 2:1-11

Forgiving the Offender

1 But I determined thus in myself, that I would not come again to you in heaviness.
2 For if I make you sorry, who is he then that should make me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me?
3 And I wrote this same thing unto you, lest when I came, I should take heaviness of them of whom I ought to rejoice: this confidence have I in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all.
4 For in great affliction, and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears: not that ye should be made sorry, but that ye might perceive the love which I have, specially unto you.
5 And if any hath caused sorrow, the same hath not made me sorry, but partly (lest I should more charge him) you all.
6 It is sufficient unto the same man, that he was rebuked of many. (a)
7 So that now contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest the same should be swallowed up with overmuch heaviness. 
8 Wherefore, I pray you, that you would confirm your love towards him. (b)
9 For this cause also did I write: that I might know the proof of you, whether ye would be obedient in all things.
10 To whom ye forgive anything, I forgive also: for verily if I forgave anything, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the sight of Christ,
11 Lest Satan should circumvent us: for we are not ignorant of his enterprises. (c)

(a) Editor’s notation - Re: vs 6 - Read Job 36:8-18
(b) Editor’s notation - Re: vs 8 - Read Matthew 18:21-22
(c) Editor’s notation - Re: vs 11 - Read 2 Corinthians 10:3-5;  Ephesians 6:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment