Thursday, January 30, 2014


My Daily Meditation
Today’s Reading
The Second Epistle to the Church at Corinth
Chapter 2:12-17

We Triumph in Christ

12 Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ’s Gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,
13 I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother, but took my leave of them, and went away into Macedonia.
14 Now thanks be unto God, which always maketh us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savor of his knowledge by us in every place.
15 For we are unto God the sweet savor of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them which perish.
16 To the one we are the savor of death, unto death, and to the other the savor of life, unto life: and who is sufficient for these things? (a)
17 For we are not as many, which make merchandise of the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

(a) Editor’s thought - To a dying world it is no surprise that there are many to whom, when the Gospel is heard, are vehemently in denial as to the truth of God’s word, and His plan for salvation.  As Christians, we are look down upon by those of the world, because for them the Gospel is the shining light of their sin, and as such, cannot stand in that light.  Read John 15:18-25;  1 John 3:7-10, 13

No comments:

Post a Comment