Tuesday, January 28, 2014



My Daily Meditation
Today’s Reading
The Second Epistle to the Church at Corinth
Chapter 1:15-24

15 And in this confidence was I minded first to come unto you, that ye might have had a double grace,
16 And to pass by you into Macedonia, and to come again out of Macedonia, unto you, and to be led forth toward Judea of you.
17 When I therefore was thus minded, did I use lightness? or mind I those things which I mind, according to the flesh, that with me should be, Yea, yea, and Nay, nay?
18 Yea, God is faithful, that our word toward you, was not Yea, and Nay?
19 For the Son of God Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, that is, by me, and Silvanus, and Timothy, was not Yea, and Nay: but in him it was Yea. (a)
20 For all the promises of God in him are Yea, and are in him Amen, unto the glory of God through us.
21 And it is God which established us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us.
22 Who hath also sealed us, and hath given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
23 Now, I call God for a record unto my soul, that to spare you, I came not as yet unto Corinth.
24 Not that we have dominion over your faith, but we are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

(a) Editor’s notation - Silvanus = Silas

No comments:

Post a Comment