Friday, January 10, 2014



Evening Reflections

“Furthermore, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are worthy love, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, or if there be any praise, think on these things.” 
The Epistle of the Apostle Paul to the Philippians Chapter 4:8

Prepare To Meet Thy God - Part Three 
by Robert G. Lee (1886-1978)
(Edited by RPW Sr.)

I think of young men and women who may be listening to me today. I think of business men, rich men, poor men, I think of many kinds of people who may be listening to me at this time, and I am saying to you, don't you be slow in accepting the Lord Jesus Christ. If you say, "Well, I'll put it off, I'll wait until some mere convenient season," I am saying to you that you are too slow. The devils in hell, if they talked to you and told you the truth, would say that if you are delaying for one hour you are being too slow. And if you are delaying for one day the angels of heaven would say, "You are being too slow." Loved ones over there in the Glory looking for you and waiting for you, if you are still putting this thing off are saying to you, "You are too slow." And this Book says that you are too slow if you are putting it off and waiting; the Holy Spirit says that you are too slow. Oh, be not too slow! Let this be the day when  you say "I can, I will, I do believe, today; here today by my radio, here today in my car, here today in my kitchen, here today in my business office, here today, I bow the knee, I lift my hand to high heaven and say,

"My life my love I give to thee,  
Oh, Lamb of God who died for me."

Somebody went to Napoleon on one occasion and said, "Oh, sire, you've gained the victory!" Napoleon said, "Yes, yes, I've gained the victory. But another such victory will cost me my kingdom." Oh, man, oh, woman, someone here today has gained a victory, haven't you? Victory over your mother's prayers, yes, some of you have gained victory over tears, you have gained victory over the loss of little ones, little tender hands which have been placed upon your cheek in years gone by. And maybe even today you have gained victory over the pleadings of the preacher; you have gained the victory, you say, over the wooings of the Holy Spirit, victory over the tender pleadings of our great God. But if you win another such victory, I say to you, it may cost' you your soul. Oh, say to Him, "All to Jesus I surrender," today. There where you are, by the radio, t h e re in your room, out in some shop, there in your car speeding on the highway, maybe up in some airplane, oh, say to Christ, "All to Jesus I surrender, all to Thee I surrender, my self, my sin, my all," and He will take your sins away, and He will save your soul. If you are a backslider, come back to Him today. And if you have been wandering far, come back, and He will no more turn you away than your mother would if she were living and you were starving for bread. Let Him have His way with you. Prepare to meet Him! 

This concludes this sermon. I hope and pray that it was uplifting, but more importantly, I hope and pray that it has inspired you to give your life over to Christ. 

28 Come unto me, all ye that are weary and laden, and I will ease you. 
29 Take my yoke on you, and learn of me that I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.
The Gospel According to Matthew Chapter 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment