Thursday, January 9, 2014




Evening Reflections

“Furthermore, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are worthy love, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, or if there be any praise, think on these things.” 
The Epistle of the Apostle Paul to the Philippians 4:8

Prepare To Meet Thy God - Part Two  
by Robert G. Lee (1886-1978)
(Edited by RPW Sr.)

Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel; and because I will do this 
unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel." Amos 4:12

"Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye 
think not the Son of man cometh." Matt. 24:44

You need to get ready. Prepare to meet thy God! And for a Christian to meet God, it must be a wonderful, thrilling thing, a sweet ex- perience, to come face to face with One who died for you, and face to face with One in whom you have trusted. But, oh to meet God, having rejected Jesus Christ, there to stand face to face with God saying, "Yes, Lord, I trampled under my feet the shed blood of Jesus Christ." How terrible a thing that must be and it is a terrible meeting that people have, that is a meeting with God if they have not put their trust in the Christ who died for them.Any man listening to me in this world today who stands face to face with Christ and says, "Yes, I knew he died for me. The preacher told me about it, the Bible recorded it, but I said no, and I trampled under my dirty feet His holy blood." God will say to you "Depart from me, you worker of iniquity, into the hell-fire prepared for the devil and his angels." God help people. God help men and women to prepare to meet God. It is the only sensible way in this world for men and women to live. Every hearse says it is the only sensible way. Every obituary column testifies that it is the only sensible way for people to live, and every hearse and every cemetery and every white tomb-stone and every vacant chair in your household, says to you, "Prepare to meet 
God." It may be your time next.

A young girl down in my church came by me one night after the preaching and she said, "Oh, after hearing a sermon like that I am so glad I am a Christian." She said, "My sweetheart and I want to see you in just a few weeks to get you to marry us." I said, "Well, Mary, I am glad that you are a Christian, too." About an hour after that my telephone rang and somebody said, "Oh, something awful has happened. Mary and her sweetheart went out riding on Highway 51, ran into a truck of logs and Mary is dead." When I saw her, and saw her all mangled and bruised, when I rushed over to the home that night, I said, "Thank God that Mary was ready to meet God." With all our high- ways where death comes so quickly, I wonder why it is that we have to preach so hard, and pray so much, and be so insistent with men and women, who seem to have good sense about other things and no sense about this thing of meeting God and of the uncertainty of life and of the certainty of death. It's the only lovely life that people can live in this world, the only life that's worth while, the life of constant preparation to meet God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Then I bring this question that I want to ask and answer for you. Somebody says, "Well, when should I get ready to meet God?" You know when. When should you get ready? You know when. You don't know when you are going to have to meet Him, but you know this— you know when you should get ready to meet Him. Right now. Every thing in God's Book, every- thing in the wooing of the Holy Spirit, everything that pertains to common sense, everything of human experience, everything that we know anything about that is worth remembering about God an humanity, says N-O-W! NOW! NOW! NOW! Today is the wise man's day; tomorrow is the fool's day. Oh, if you have some kind words to say to somebody, maybe a mother somewhere, maybe you had better say it today—you may not have the chance tomorrow. If you have something you need to make right, make it right now. If your soul is out of the ark of redemption and salvation, now is the time to enter. Right now! "Just now, come into my heart, Lord Jesus — now." N-O-W, NOW! Yes, today is the wise man's day, and tomorrow is the fool's day; and yet so many people let tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow creep in from day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment