Friday, July 1, 2016


Word of God
But he answering, said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
The Gospel According to Matthew 4:4

Psalm 16:5
Prefaced & Edited by Doktor Riktor Von Zhades

The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou shalt maintain my lot.

Brethren:

God has made us joint heirs in His kingdom. As such He shall maintain, sustain, and stand by us at all times. Consider this as written in both the Gospels of Matthew and Luke*, how God cares for all His creations. Why would He not therefore care for the greatest of all them for we are above the beasts of the fields as well as all the plant life. Remember He has placed all things beneath our feet so that we might enjoy the riches of His blessings.

Let me have the love and favour of God, and be accepted of him; let me have the comfort of communion with God, and satisfaction in the communications of his graces and comforts; let me have an interest in his promises, and a title by promise to everlasting life and happiness in the future state; and I have enough, I need no more, I desire no more, to complete my felicity.” Would we do well and wisely for ourselves, we must take God, in Christ, to be: The portion of our inheritance in the other world. Heaven is an inheritance. God himself is the inheritance of the saints there, whose everlasting bliss is to enjoy him. We must take that for our inheritance, our home, our rest, our lasting, everlasting, good, and look upon this world to be no more ours than the country through which our road lies when we are on a journey. The portion of our cup in this world, with which we are nourished, and refreshed, and kept from fainting. Those have not God for theirs who do not reckon his comforts the most reviving cordials, acquaint themselves with them, and make use of them as sufficient to counterbalance all the grievances of this present time and to sweeten the most bitter cup of affliction. Thou that hast by promise made over thy self to me, to be mine, wilt graciously make good what thou hast promised, and never leave me to myself to forfeit this happiness, nor leave it in the power of my enemies to rob me of it. Nothing shall pluck me out of thy hands, nor separate me from thy love, and the sure mercies of David.” The saints and their bliss are kept by the power of God”
Matthew Henry 17th Century Theologian

* Matthew 6:26-29; Luke 12:24-28

No comments:

Post a Comment