Tuesday, June 28, 2016


Word of God
But he answering, said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
The Gospel According to Matthew 4:4

Psalm 16:2
Prefaced & Edited by Doktor Riktor Von Zhades

O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my well doing extendeth not to thee
GNV Translation Ed. 1599
I have said unto HaShem: Thou art my Lord; I have no good but in Thee
JPS Translation Ed.1917

Brethren:

Who else can we turn to but to put our trust in our Lord? Our whole being, our whole existence depends on our Creator. All that we are we owe to Him that loved us enough to send His own Son into the world to be the propitiation of our sins. In Him doth all our righteousness comes from, for it is imputed unto us to be heirs to the kingdom. As such all good that we do, we do in His name, and for His glory, that those of this world may know of His goodness to all His children. - Doktor Riktor Von Zhades - Humble servant of Christ.

He recognizes his solemn dedication of himself to God as his God: “O my soul! thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord, and therefore thou mayest venture to trust him.” Note that It is first the duty and interest of every one of us to acknowledge the Lord for our Lord, to subject ourselves to him, and then to stay ourselves upon him. Adonai signifies My stayer, the strength of my heart. Secondly this must be done with our souls: “O my soul! thou hast said it.” Covenanting with God must be heart-work; all that is within us must be employed therein and engaged thereby. Those who have avouched the Lord for their Lord should be often putting themselves in mind of what they have done. “Hast thou said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord? Say it again then, stand to it, abide by it, and never unsay it. Hast thou said it? Take the comfort of it, and live up to it. He is thy Lord, and worship thou him, and let thy eye be ever towards him.”
Matthew Henry - 17th Century Theologian

No comments:

Post a Comment