Tuesday, February 25, 2014



My Daily Meditation
Today’s Reading
The Second Epistle to the Church at Corinth
Chapter 10:1-6

Spiritual Warfare

1 Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness, and gentleness of Christ, which when I am present among you am base, but am bold toward you being absent:
2 And this I require you, that I need not to be bold when I am present, with that same confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which esteem us as though we walked according to the flesh. (a)
3 Nevertheless, though we walk in the flesh, yet we do not war after the flesh.
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God, to cast down holds.) (b)
5 Casting down the imaginations, and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ, (c)
6 And having ready the vengeance against all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

(a) Editor’s notation - Re: vs 2 - Read 1 Corinthians 1:19-21, 3:19; 2 Corinthians 1:12
(b) Editor’s notation - Re: vs 4 - Read Ephesians 6:10-17
(c) Editor’s notation - Re: vs 5 - Read Isaiah 55:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment