Saturday, February 15, 2014



My Daily Meditation
Today’s Reading
The Second Epistle to the Church at Corinth
Chapter 7:2-12

Repentance Through Godly Admonition 

2 Receive us: we have done wrong to no man: we have corrupted no man: we have defrauded no man.
3 I speak it not to your condemnation: for I have said before, that ye are in our hearts, to die and live together.
4 I use great boldness of speech toward you: I rejoice greatly in you: I am filled with comfort, and am exceeding joyous in all our tribulation.
5 For when we were come into Macedonia, our flesh had no rest, but we were troubled on every side, fightings without, and terrors within.
6 But God, that comforteth the abject, comforted us at the coming of Titus:
7 And not by his coming only, but also by the consolation wherewith he was comforted of you, when he told us your great desire, your mourning, your fervent mind to me-ward, so that I rejoiced much more.
8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I repent not, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same Epistle made you sorry, though it were but for a season.
9 I now rejoice, not that ye were sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye sorrowed godly, so that in nothing ye were hurt by us.
10 For godly sorrow causeth repentance unto salvation, not to be repented of: but the worldly sorrow causeth death.
11 For behold, this thing that ye have been godly sorry, what great care hath it wrought in you: yea, what clearing of yourselves: yea, what indignation: yea, what fear: yea, how great desire: yea, what a zeal: yea, what revenge: in all things ye have showed yourselves, that ye are pure in this matter.
12 Wherefore, though I wrote unto you, I did not it for his cause that had done the wrong, neither for his cause that had the injury, but that our care toward you in the sight of God might appear unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment