Friday, July 26, 2013



My Daily Meditation
Today’s Reading
The First Book of Samuel
Chapter 15:22-24

Friends;
Just a short notation this morning.  Yesterday I read a post from a fellow brother in Christ about being quick to obey what God asks of us to do. God being Who He is, always confirms His word via two more more people. When reading my study today, I realized that it was conformation of this brother’s post. 

22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great pleasure in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as when the voice of the Lord is obeyed? behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken is better than the fat of rams. (a)
23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and transgression is wickedness and idolatry. Because thou hast cast away the word of the Lord, therefore he hath cast away thee from being king. (b)
24 Then Saul said unto Samuel, I have sinned: for I have transgressed the Commandment of the Lord, and thy words, because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice.

Editor’s notation - Read also Hosea 6:6-7, Matthew 9:13
Editor’s thought - Sin is sin. There is no great sin, nor little sin all sin is the same in the eyes of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment