Saturday, November 28, 2009

One Mind, One Spirit; Rejoice for God Likewise Dwells With Us and Within Us

BannerFans.com
Amen Me!
John 14:7 - 11


7 If ye had known me, ye should have known
my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him,
and have seen him.
8 Philip said unto him, Lord, show us thy Father,
and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus said unto him, I have been so long time
with you, and hast thou not known me, Philip? he
that hath seen me, hath seen my Father: how then
sayest thou, Show us thy Father?
10 Believest thou not, that I am in the Father,
and the Father is in me? The words that I speak
unto you, I speak not of myself: but the Father that
dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. (a)
11 Believe me, that I am in the Father, and the
Father is in me: at the least, believe me for the very
works’ sake.

Editor’s note - I am just going to briefly preface this entry by saying have you ever heard the expression “kindred Spirits”? I will not claim to know who first said it or in what context it was used originally. However, the above verses would make a good source for the inspiration of the term.

So, I believe that our Savior was saying to His disciples that soon they and those that follow later on, will also dwell with Him, in mind, and spirit, and in heaven.

I am also reminded of Isaiah 7:14 in particular, the name Immanuel

6004 Immanuw'el im-maw-noo-ale' from 5973 and 410 with a pronominal suffix inserted; with us (is) God; Immanuel
5973 `im eem from 6004; adverb or preposition, with (i.e. in conjunction with), in varied applications; specifically, equally with; often with prepositional prefix (and then usually unrepresented in English):--accompanying, against, and, as (X long as), before, beside, by (reason of), for all, from (among, between), in, like, more than, of, (un-)to, with(-al).
410 'el ale shortened from 352; strength; as adjective, mighty; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity):--God (god), X goodly, X great, idol, might(-y one), power,strong.

(a) Verse 10 - 11
Psalm 101:6
Zechariah 2:11
John 10:38
Romans 8:9 - 11
2 Corinthians 6:16
Ephesians 3:17
Colossians 1:19
1 John 4:13
Revelation 21:3







No comments:

Post a Comment