Monday, November 30, 2009

The Daily Meditation

BannerFans.com
Amen Me!

The Promise of the Holy Spirit

John 14:16 - 18


16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give
you another Comforter, that he may abide with you
forever, (a)
17 Even the Spirit of truth, whom the world
cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither
knoweth him: but ye know him: for he dwelleth
with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you fatherless: but I will come
to you.

(a) Verse 16 (click here to see all related study scriptures)

Acts 2:4
1 Timothy 4:8
Romans 8:15
1 John 2:27, 4:6, 5:7

Editor’s Thought - I was thinking as I was preparing today’s meditation, and I thought to myself, that the Spirit within us, is what helps us, as promised. But it also convicts us in so far as it shows and allows us to know what is acceptable and right in God and that which is contrary to His word. In other words it tells us what is right and wrong instinctively, and not through laws of men, of which come from the basis of God’s Holy Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment