Monday, November 9, 2009

The Daily Meditation

BannerFans.com
Amen Me!

We Must Also Serve and Walk as He Walked
John 13:3 - 5, 13 - 16, 20

3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all
things into his hands, and that he was come forth
from God, and went to God,
4 He riseth from Supper, and layeth aside his
upper garments, and took a towel, and girded himself.
5 After that, he poured water into a basin, and
began to wash the disciples’ feet, and to wipe them
with the towel, wherewith he was girded. (a)
13 Ye call me Master, and Lord, and ye say well:
for so am I.
14 If I then your Lord, and Master, have washed
your feet, ye also ought to wash one another’s feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should
do, even as I have done to you. (b)
16 Verily, verily I say unto you, The servant is not
greater than his master, neither the ambassador
greater than he that sent him.
20 Verily, verily I say unto you, If I send any, he
that receiveth him, receiveth me, and he that receiveth
me, receiveth him that sent me. (c)

(a) Verse 5
Editor’s thought - I believe that there is a connection here between this verse and Luke 7:37 - 38, for just as Jesus the Master, does this for his followers and as we later read, He sets the example, so did this woman who already recognized our Lord as Master and worthy of honor.

(b) Verses 14 - 15
Editor’s thought - I have long maintained that a leader, should be the servant of his people. Yes, they should follow him, and respect him, giving him all due honor of which he is worthy, but not out of fear, but out of love.

Romans 12:10
1 Peter 2:21 - 24

(c) Verse 20
Matthew 10:40 - 42

No comments:

Post a Comment