Tuesday, September 29, 2015


Word of God

Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God
Matthew 4:4

The Book of Lamentations 3:57

57 Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidest, Fear not.

Brethren:

Consider also this day in your study James 4:8 and Isaiah 41:10

That is to say he didst graciously assure me of thy presence with me, and give me to see thee nigh unto me, whereas I had thought thee to be at a distance from me. When we draw nigh to God in a way of duty and particularly in this of prayer, and calling on his name; he draws nigh to them in a way of grace and mercy, and manifests himself to them, and works salvation for them. we may by faith see him drawing nigh to us in a way of mercy. But this was not all: Thou saidst, Fear not. This was the language of God’s prophets preaching to them not to fear of his providence preventing those things which they were afraid of, and of his grace quieting their minds, and making them easy, by the witness of his Spirit with their spirits that they were his people still, even though they be in distress, and therefore ought not to fear. He had silenced their fears and quieted their spirits.

Take heed then friends, to call upon our Lord during times of anxiety, troubles and trails, for we still are His children.






No comments:

Post a Comment