Tuesday, December 17, 2013



My Daily Meditation
Today’s Reading
The Epistle to the Hebrews
Chapter 8:7-13

Greetings to all people in the name of the Lord

A New Covenant 

7 For if that first Testament had been unblameable, no place should have been sought for the second. (a)
8 For in rebuking them he saith, Behold, the days will come, saith the Lord, when I shall make with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah a new Testament:
9 Not like the Testament that I made with their fathers, in the day that I took them by the hand, to lead them out of the land of Egypt: for they continued not in my Testament, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the Testament that I will make with the house of Israel, After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my Laws in their mind, and in their heart I will write them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and I will remember their sins and their iniquities no more. (b)
13 In that he saith a new Testament, he hath abrogated the old: now that which is disannulled and waxed old, is ready to vanish away.

(a) Editor’s thought - The first covenant while the perfect law of God, was bestowed upon us who, through sin. had become imperfect.  Therefore, we could not achieve righteousness as ordained by our Creator, so it was necessary for Christ to take our place, thereby establishing a new covenant, wherein we are brought to righteousness and good standing before God, through Him. 
(b) Editor’s notation - Re: vss 8-12 - read Jeremiah 31:31-34;  Romans 11:17,27

No comments:

Post a Comment