Monday, December 16, 2013



My Daily Meditation
Today’s Reading
The Epistle to the Hebrews
Chapter 8:1-6

Greetings in the Name of Jesus Christ

Friends and brethren, I have been absent the last few days, and for this I do apologize. As I have been studying, it crossed my mind, that perhaps our study has been moving too fast. This is to say, there has been little that I have commented on while posting. Those of you who know me, know likewise that I am not a pastor, preacher or priest. I do my studies, post, and share and comment on what I have learned.  Studying is a life long commitment, and while I might not post, I do read.  However, as noted above, it occurred to me, that I was moving too fast, and not breaking it down enough for those who have just come to Christ, or desire to come to Him.  So, I will now do the studies, a bit more slowly, breaking down each chapter into sections in order that we all might learn together. 
RPW Sr. 

A New Priestly Service

1 Now of the things which we have spoken, this is the sum, that we have such an high Priest, that sitteth at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heavens,
2 And is a minister of the Sanctuary, and of that true Tabernacle which the Lord pitched, and not man. (a)
3 For every high Priest is ordained to offer both gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it was of necessity, that this man should have somewhat also to offer.
4 For he were not a Priest, if he were on the earth, seeing there are Priests that according to the Law offer gifts,
5 Who serve unto the pattern and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was warned by God when he was about to finish the Tabernacle. See, said he, that thou make all things according to the pattern, showed to thee in the mount.
6 But now our high Priest hath obtained a more excellent office, inasmuch as he is the Mediator of a better Testament, which is established upon better promises. (b)

(a) Editor’s notation - Re: vs 4 - read Exodus 25:40 - The tabernacle (of which the curtain separating the Holy of Holies would be rent asunder at the crucifixion, thus allowing us to enter ourselves and seek our heavenly Mediator), was made by the hands of men, even though it was ordained and built according to the plans showed Moses, it was none the less only a substitute until the coming of Christ.
(b) Editor’s thought - those promises are paid in full by the sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ. This is the remission of sins, and the grace and redemption as given to us freely by God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment