Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Daily Meditation

BannerFans.com
Amen Me!
Love and Joy Perfected
John 15:9 - 12

9 As the father hath loved me, so have I loved
you: continue in that my love.
10 If ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall
abide in my love, as I have kept my Father’s commandments,
and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my
joy might remain in you, and that your joy might
be full.
12 This is my commandment, that ye love one
another, as I have loved you.

Related Scriptures

John 5:20, 13:34, 14:15
1 Thessalonians 4:9
1 John 1:4, 3:11, 4:21
Romans 12:9
1 Corinthians 13:4 - 8, 13
2 Corinthians 13:11

Editor’s note - Paul uses the word “charity” as translated in the KJV, (however in the Geneva translation the word “love” is used) Strong’s concordance translates the words Charity and Love as follows

Charity - 26. agape ag-ah'-pay - love, i.e. affection or benevolence; specially (plural) a love-feast:--(feast of) charity(-ably), dear, love

Love - 25. agapao ag-ap-ah'-o perhaps from agan (much) (or compare 5689); to love (in a social or moral sense):--(be-)love(-ed). Compare 5368.
5368. phileo fil-eh'-o from 5384; to be a friend to (fond of (an individual or an object)), i.e. have affection for (denoting personal attachment, as a matter of sentiment or feeling; while 25 is wider, embracing especially the judgment and the deliberate assent of the will as a matter of principle, duty and propriety: the two thus stand related very much as 2309 and 1014, or as 2372 and 3563 respectively; the former being chiefly of the heart and the latter of the head); specially, to kiss (as a mark of tenderness):--kiss, love.

Editor’s thought - It is apparent that both words are for the most part synonymous and as such are interchangeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment