Monday, March 26, 2018

A Study of Psalm Thirty Two
Verse Five

5 Then I acknowledged my sin unto thee, neither hid I mine iniquity: for I thought, I will confess against myself my wickedness unto the Lord, and thou forgavest the punishment of my sin. Selah.

Related Scriptures:

1 John 1:9
Jeremiah 12:1

Brethren:

Need we say more? Our Savior, who took our sins upon His shoulders, thereby making us righteous and acceptable in the sight of God, is now our high priest and chief advocate before the Father.
(See Matthew 10:32; Luke 12:8; Hebrews 2:17, 3:1, 4:14-15, 7:27-27, 9:25-26; 1 John 2:1)

He (a), must come to confession, full, spontaneous, unreserved; there must be a resolution. “I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord”; a firm determination to hide nothing, to see the sin yourself, and to tell the Lord that you do see it, and to confess it with great grief and sorrow. What a wonderful word that is: “I said, I will confess, and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin.” God took away the sin: ay, the very pith and marrow of it, “the iniquity of my sin.” Take the bone away, and the marrow of the bone too; “thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin” — it has all gone, wholly gone; by one stroke of God’s divine grace the sinner was pardoned.” - Theodore Spurgeon

(a) – Meaning not only the psalmist David, but likewise all of us that seek forgiveness from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment