Sunday, August 27, 2017


Hard Questions
By R.P. Woitowitz Sr.

The following are my thoughts on the sermon by my pastor today.

First, is the scripture that was read today.
Matthew 16:13-20

13 Now when Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I, the son of man, am?
14 And they said, Some say, John Baptist: and some, Elijah: and others, Jeremiah, or one of the Prophets.
15 He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 Then Simon Peter answered, and said, Thou art that Christ, the son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered, and said to him, Blessed art thou, Simon, the son of Jonah: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church: and the gates of hell shall not overcome it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the Kingdom of heaven, and whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth, shall be loosed in heaven.
20 Then he charged his disciples, that they should tell no man that he was Jesus that Christ.

Verse Twenty:
He (this is to say Jesus), forbids that they should let it be known. Perhaps, because He wants others to come to this knowledge through the revelation of the Holy Spirit, and not by man's word.

Who do you say I am, and who do you serve? We serve the living God. Each of us needs be to ask ourselves; who do I serve, and who do I believe Him to be? And more importantly, HOW do I come to this knowledge? Is it through hearsay, or is it from the searching the scriptures and God's word?

How do we express this answer? Is it without any doubt and with certainty, or from the repetition of what we've heard?

Faith in this revelation is the key to the profession of belief.
"You are the Son of the living God" as said by Peter. As such, by His sacrifice, we are all joint heirs in the kingdom of Heaven
(Read Romans 8:17)



No comments:

Post a Comment