Friday, October 21, 2011

BannerFans.com


The Book of Job
Chapter 33 Verses 8-16

8 Doubtless thou hast spoken in mine ears, and
I have heard the voice of thy words.
9 I am clean, without sin: I am innocent and
there is none iniquity in me.
10 Lo, he hath found occasions against me, and
counted me for his enemy.
11 He hath put my feet in the stocks, and looketh
narrowly unto all my paths.
12 Behold, in this hast thou not done right: I will
answer thee, that God is greater than man.
13 Why dost thou strive against him? for he doth
not give account of all his matters.
14 For God speaketh once or twice, and one seeth
it not.
15 In dreams and visions of the night, when sleep
falleth upon men, and they sleep upon their beds,
16 Then he openeth the ears of men, even by their
corrections, which he had sealed,

Editor’s thought - In the above God, through the mouth and voice of Eilhu, verbally begins to chastise Job. I am reminded here of my late mother, who would often say “so you think you know better?”. Who among us has not had a parent that lovingly took the time to speak to us, and while sometimes the words were harsh, they were never demeaning, but were spoken to our benefit, by one who had traveled upon a road we were just beginning to tread.

Related Scripture

Isaiah 45:9; Psalm 62:11; Daniel 1:17; Acts 2:17; Psalm 94:9; Proverbs 15:31; Isaiah 51:4; Jeremiah 13:15; Job 5:17; Psalm 39: 11 Psalm 94:10; Psalm 29:17; Jeremiah 2:19; Jeremiah 10:24; Jeremiah 46:28; Mark 4:9; Revelation 13:9;

No comments:

Post a Comment