Thursday, April 29, 2010

BannerFans.com
Amen Me!

Proverbs 11:10-12, 14

Editor’s note - I am incorporating a new feature today. I use the Geneva Bible Translation but some people have trouble reading this format, as well as the King James version. I myself at times during passages I find difficult have used other translations. One is the Young’s Literal Translation and the other is the American Standard Version. My link to the additional scripture page is from the Oremus Bible Browser, that uses the New Revised Standard Version, which is also very good. Starting today (actually yesterday was a test run), I will be adding the daily reading to the links page, so that the reader that has difficulty with the Geneva version can use a more updated version.
R.P.W. Sr.

10 In the prosperity of the righteous the city
rejoiceth: and when the wicked perish, there is joy.
11 By the blessing of the righteous the city is
exalted: but it is subverted by the mouth of the
wicked.
12 He that despiseth his neighbor, is destitute of wisdom:
but a man of understanding will keep silence. (a)
14 Where no counsel is, the people fall: but where
many counselors are, there is health.

Related Scripture

Proverbs 14:34
Proverbs 28:12
Isaiah 29:14
Isaiah 56:10
Hosea 4:6
Hosea 5:4, 15

Verse 12
I am reminded here of a quote by Abraham Lincoln:

“ Better to be thought a fool than for one to speak and remove all doubt”

1 comment:

  1. You just cannot go wrong with God's word.

    ReplyDelete